1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Dump V8 Counters?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KrippyKreme, Oct 3, 2011.

1. KrippyKreme

KrippyKreme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Data Analyst
    Tennessee
    I noticed this option in my internet settings running newtoroot's HD ROM. I've Googled it and found that people ask what it does, but with no response. Can someone give some clarification?

Advertisement

2. KrippyKreme

None

Jun 1, 2011
    Data Analyst
    Tennessee
    I found this in case anyone was curious. Undoubtedly, V8 helps java run smoother and more efficiently.

V8 compiles and executes JavaScript source code, handles memoryallocation for objects, and garbage collects objects it no longer needs. V8's stop-the-world, generational, accurate garbage collector is one of the keys to V8's performance. You can learn about this and otherperformance aspects in V8 Design Elements.

JavaScript is mostcommonlyused for client-side scripting in a browser, being used to manipulate Document Object Model(DOM) objects for example. The DOM is not,however,typically provided by the JavaScript engine but instead by a browser. The same is true ofV8—Google Chrome provides the DOM. V8does howeverprovide all the data types, operators,objects and functions specified in the ECMA standard.

V8 enables any C++ application to expose its own objects and functions to JavaScript code. It's up to you to decide on the objects and functions you would like to expose to JavaScript. There are many examples of applications that do this, for example: Adobe Flash and the Dashboard Widgets in Apple's Mac OS X and Yahoo! Widgets.

3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

Well, that's clear as mud. I wonder what dumping the counters does. Is it maybe like clearing cache?

4. KrippyKreme

None

Jun 1, 2011
    Data Analyst
    Tennessee
    That's what I gathered. I'm sure the guy that wrote that plays World of Warcraft.

5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None