1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

DUN Hack On Rezound?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AeolianReflex, Apr 2, 2012.

1. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast

I am getting my Rezound in a couple of days upgrading from my Incredible. I've been using the DUN hack for tethering on the Inc and love it. Is there a similar work around on the Rezound?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pat3332

pat3332 Well-Known Member

I don't know of one other than using an app, but there's a lot I don't know. You don't say if you're rooted or stock. But a lot of the apps have apps for both. PDA Net will let you tether through USB, or Bluetooth. Most of the other good apps like Easy Tether and Klink use a USB connection. All have free versions, but most of the free ones have some limits to them which you can get rid of by paying for it. PDA Net use to be around $15.00 for the paid version. Easy Tether is I think about $9.00 and Klink is about $5.00. I think Wireless Tether is a Bluetooth, or USB app for rooted phones only, but I'm not rooted, so I'm not sure.

I think those are suppose to be the best ones, but I don't really know if one works any better than another. I pay for unlimited data and hotspot and don't really use any of the apps.

3. Drivembig

Drivembig Newbie

There are a few hotspot apps for rooted Rezounds and like said above a few that require a USB connection for unrooted or rooted. Just be careful that big red don't find out or you may be billed for it.

4. AeolianReflex

Thanks for the app tips. Guess the 4G is a different beast.

5. colornshape

colornshape Android Enthusiast

I've used PDAnet in USB tether mode without any problem. I couldn't get the Bluetooth dial up network to work.

6. AeolianReflex

Thanks for the tip!
    Couple of questions:
    What is the difference in the paid and free version? Do they both support wifi or is it USB tether only? I am assuming that you need to have the software installed on any PC that you want to tether correct?

7. colornshape

colornshape Android Enthusiast

The paid version allows access to secure sites, such as those into which you log in. WiFi tethering, as far as I know, requires root access or a tethering plan from Verizon, and isn't a feature offered by PDAnet. June Fabrics has a PDAnet program, for Windows and iOS available at their website, that handles things on the computer end.

I purchased it almost two years ago, and it's been a reliable, effective product.

AeolianReflex likes this.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews