• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Duos] Thinking of getting galaxy s duos

mikee286

May 28, 2012
I am thinking of getting this phone for its dual sim functionality. What I am wondering is will it work in canada and USA? I have a at&t gophone sim and a PC mobile prepaid sim and travel back and forth quite a bit.Both are GSM carriers I live in canada but am back and forth going to college in the USA. I just want to know what people's opinions of this phone are and whether it will work for both my carriers

thank you in advance

mike

I took my GS Duos with me to the USA recently and it did work. However the dual SIM function is not useful there. You must operate the phone with only a single SIM installed.

You cannot set an APN if you have dual SIMs. Unless something changes you must manually enter an APN for SIMs in North America, or live with no data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones