• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Duplicate and disappearing icons

55brianb

May 11, 2010
Hi everyone

I have 3 screens on my Galaxy Tab - the Home screen and two others.

Last week I decided to rearrange the icons on screen 2, and when I dragged one of them off it's spot, there was an identical one below it! This was the case for all of them - I deleted all the duplicates and none of them have returned.

The following problem however keeps happening: two days ago I set up some new icons on screen 3. I dragged one from the Home screen and created icons for 3 others directly on screen 3 by long press->Add To Screen->Application. Yesterday morning I noticed that the icon I had dragged from the Home screen to screen 3 had returned to the Home screen, and the others on screen 3 had gone - screen 3 was blank. I re-did them, but last night I noticed the same thing. Again I re-did them and again this morning I saw the same thing again.

Any ideas? I'm using a Galaxy Tab (Android 2.2 Froyo) and Go Launcher. None of the Apps are on the SD card and I've been using Go Launcher without any problems for about 4 or 5 months.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones