1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Duplicate Apps listed (Including Superuser)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gehrig44, Dec 31, 2011.

1. gehrig44

gehrig44 Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    I am rooted with OTA 2.3.4. I can't remember which method I chose to root.

Ever since, I noticed duplicates of a few apps listed in Bloat Freezer. One of the two is always listed as a Pre-Install system app. Superuser is one of the apps that is listed twice.

Today, I wanted scrap Bloat Freezer and try NoBloat. Well, superuser wouldn't allow NoBloat root permission. It will allow permission to Bloat Freezer though. I tried to freeze the Superuser app listed as the Pre-Installed app, but that didn't allow NoBloat permissions.

Is there anything I can do? To resolved this?

Advertisement

2. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    Are they different versions? What happens when you look at your list with Titanium Backup?

3. gehrig44

gehrig44 Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    I dont know if they are different versions. Only one shows up in the andriod application list. But, it seems like the one that I cannot actually open and run, is responsible for allow root access. Applications that were allowed root proviledge before, still are. But, no new applications are allowed root. Inluding Titanium backup. Now, I say "before". Before what? I can only guess it is before I went from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4.

4. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    Wait, you rooted, then updated to 2.3.4? When you update, you lose root. Simply re-root with Pete's, OneClick, or Zergrush.

5. gehrig44

gehrig44 Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    It still is rooted. I think I had 2.3.3 rootes, upgraded to 2.3.4 and rooted again. One of the Superuser apps is allowing root permission. I did try to re-root again yesterday just to make sure... and the issue is the same.

Basically, I have a superuser app that is controlling root access. But, I can't access that app. I can access the second Superuser app. But the first superuser app wont allow it permission.

If I do a binary update, I get the notification "SuperUser has been denied SuperUser permissions".

6. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois

Try opening each Superuser app. Go into their settings and change them to automatically grant permission to everything.