1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Duplicate contacts and calendar

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by wayneholbrook, Feb 13, 2011.

?

Does your contacts duplicate after syncing?

1. Yes, please come out with a fix!

100.0%
  2. No, you need to get a PC instead of a Mac.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wayneholbrook

wayneholbrook Member
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    LAW
    Miami Beach Florida
    Good evening to all, this has been an issue with google for some time now. If you use a blackberry or iphone and want to use google it duplicates all your contacts even if you check not to duplicate.

The reason I am hoping someone has a fix is I now want to move from my iphone to android. I use a Mac, in the past when I tried an android phone and synced with my mac it gave me dozens of duplicate entries. I tried programs such as MArk Space and a few others that claim they work to sync with your Mac but when I bought them I went from 900 contacts to over 2000. You can imagine the issues of errasing them again.

In any event does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone else have a solution?

Thanks for your time.

Wayne

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    This is usually dead easy to fix. Sync first to Google, then login to gmai/web, select Contacts, other actions, remove duplicates.

If your contacts are in Address Book, goto All Contacts, File, Export to vcard.

Goto gmail/web/contacts, other actions, import that vcf file - even your groups will be xferred up.

Set Address Book to sync with Google after that move via Preferences, if you're running Snow Leopard.

It's pretty bulletproof.

wayneholbrook likes this.
  3. wayneholbrook

wayneholbrook Member
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    LAW
    Miami Beach Florida
    Earlymon, thanks for your post. Sounds full proof, I will try that asap. Thanks again.