1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Duplicate contacts when syncing with Facebook

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by gnarlynikki, Jun 9, 2011.

1. gnarlynikki

gnarlynikki Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    Okay, I am new to the android system. In fact, this is my first smart phone. And i spent about an hour to add my contacts into my phone, only to add my Facebook account immediately after and have all my Facebook friends synced to my contact list. Now my problem is that I have numbers for people in my contact list that don't list their number on Facebook and i have quite a few duplicate contacts and it wont let me edit the Facebook ones to add a number. is there an app for this or something i can do to make the phone number, email and link to profile under one contact entry?

Advertisement

2. danwms

danwms Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    MAnchester
    I also don't like the way it pulls everyone in from facebook. Would much prefer it if it only pulled in the contacts that already existed in your phone.

3. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    You can link the contacts you have with phone numbers to the facebook contacts, thus having one contact with a phone number and facebook info.

4. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    In your contacts/people settings somewhere there should be an option of where you pull your contacts from.. for example with my DHD I can choose to pull them from Facebook, Gmail, SIM card, Skype and phone memory. Out of those options I can choose to "show contacts with numbers only".

In Go People it's menu > settings > contacts account

In the stock "people" it's under "view".