• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Duplicate contacts

Fatum112

Lurker
Jul 29, 2010
Hi people, (other topics didn't bring a solution)

I bought a wildfire 2 weeks ago, but i seem to have a problem with my contacts. When i open the widget for my contacts, i can select which one it shows (i.e. sim, phone, facebook, ...) Which is really handy since most of my contacts are connected, so if i click on one of them, it shows the facebook profile picture, home phone, cell phone, ...

But when i try to send a text to someone, i can't do the same thing in that particular list of contacts. It's pretty annoying since it then shows all the phonenumbers, e-mail adresses, ... separately for every contact. This also means it shows the numbers i have on my SIM card and the phone numbers on the phone, meaning everyone is being shown twice.

So is there a way i can set the contacts it shows when i want to text people to just the connected contacts on my phone (i.e. one contact with their facebook picture and their different numbers)?

Hope you guys can help :thinking:

Greetz,
Sergej

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones