1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Duplicate contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fatum112, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Fatum112

Fatum112 New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Hi people, (other topics didn't bring a solution)

I bought a wildfire 2 weeks ago, but i seem to have a problem with my contacts. When i open the widget for my contacts, i can select which one it shows (i.e. sim, phone, facebook, ...) Which is really handy since most of my contacts are connected, so if i click on one of them, it shows the facebook profile picture, home phone, cell phone, ...

But when i try to send a text to someone, i can't do the same thing in that particular list of contacts. It's pretty annoying since it then shows all the phonenumbers, e-mail adresses, ... separately for every contact. This also means it shows the numbers i have on my SIM card and the phone numbers on the phone, meaning everyone is being shown twice.

So is there a way i can set the contacts it shows when i want to text people to just the connected contacts on my phone (i.e. one contact with their facebook picture and their different numbers)?

Hope you guys can help :thinking:

Greetz,
    Sergej

Advertisement

2. RightSaidJames

Jul 2, 2010
    Why not Export your SIM contacts (People > Menu > Import/Export > Export to SD Card > SIM), then delete them, then reimport them (People > Menu > Import/Export > Export from SD Card). If at this point you have any duplicates, delete them.

Arfer likes this.
Tags: