1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Duplicate contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nggomez60, Jun 9, 2010.

1. nggomez60

nggomez60 Active Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Hi all,
    I recently upgraded to 2.1 and have some issues with my contact list. I have all my contacts still, but whether it be the facebook app or the 2.1 upgrade, I now have multiple copies of each contact. Within each contact it has the persons number as well as their "main" number which is the same thing just duplicate, and when I go to add a contact for a text or for calling someone, some contacts show up with all their numbers (home, business, etc) 4 or 5 times. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. katydid99

katydid99 Active Member

May 26, 2010
    I had this problem and managed to fix it in the people section of my contacts my deleting my contacts from my phone and resynching with google and facebook. However I still have the issue in messages and email where all contacts including facebook friends show up multiple times and have no idea how to fix it. I am a newbee so any help would be appreciated.

3. doogald

doogald Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    First, if these are Google contacts, I'd suggest going into gmail on a desktop/laptop browser, click the "contacts" link, and then click the button to the right "find duplicates" That should help with Google contacts.

I think that as you open up Google contacts that you know should link with Facebook contacts, there is a "link" control in the upper right, next to the contact name, where you can control which phone/Google contact links with your Facebook contacts.