1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Duplicate Email (Verizon) on Droid2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by littlegal, Nov 8, 2010.

1. littlegal

littlegal New Member

Nov 8, 2010
    I've had the Droid 2 for a week and haven't had a single problem with anything (other than my husband sneaking it out of my bag to play with it). I have my personal (Verizon) and work (Gmail) emails syncing and all has been going smoothly until this afternoon when I started getting two copies of every personal/Verizon email. I logged on to Verizon webmail and all looks good there - only one copy of each message...

I'm not sure what setting to check on my phone or what to try and I don't want to mess anything up!

Advertisement

2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
    Welcome to the forum!

Do you mean you are getting 2 notifications? Or when you open your email on your phone there are 2 emails?

Also, so this is a verizon email... is it a Verizon.net email or something like that?

3. littlegal

littlegal New Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Yes, it's my verizon.net email account.

When I open either the Messages folder or the Email folder for that account there are two copies of every message. I'm also getting two sound notifications for every message.

I haven't touched a thing on the phone b/c I'm afraid of deleting or changing something important, though I'm sure it's a simple fix I just don't know about...

Thanks for your help!