• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Duplicate Inboxes Appearing Stock email Client

I just recently setup my email on my HTC Evo using the stock email client. I use Google Apps for my email and setup the email using IMAP. Everything appears to be working correctly.

However, tonight I noticed that the email client continues to create multiple 100+ folders called "inbox". When I click one of those folders there is nothing in the folder but it begins to download all the email that is on the server.

It looks like each time I open the email client another inbox is automatically being created. I deleted the account and started over and the same thing happens multiple inboxes are starting to be created again.

I decided I would delete the account in my stock mail client and recreated the account.

When I did this I opened the mail client and there were two inboxes from the start. Then the next time I opened there were3, then 4 and so on...It appears that every time the client opens it generates a new inbox.

Granted there is nothing in the inbox until I actually click and open the inbox when I do that the emails start downloading.

Again, using the stock email client. Setting up IMAP, using Google Apps with my own business domain for the email service.

Any ideas?

I had this issue on my Droid, but not on my evo. I would have to assume it's a glitch on the phone since non one reported it. Deleting my mail and reinstalling didn't help. This issue would carry into the thrash folder as well. I would delete the mail and another a duplicate would pop up and i delete it again. Then my thrash folder would tell me there's mail there but in reality there isn't.

The only thing I can suggest since no one else is reporting it is to take it back to sprint and have them look at it and maybe get it replaced.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones