1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Duplicate mail folders

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Readymix, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Readymix

Readymix Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    London UK
    Android Version: 2.2
    Network: T Mobile UK
    Taskiller Used?: No
    Rooted : No

Issue:

I have had my Desire for 10 months and sync it (via 1and1.co.uk) with Outlook email and the various sub-folders I have created in Outlook, on my desktop.
    Recently the IMAP email function on the Desire started to hang and display a white screen.
    When I looked on the phone itself (Mail > Folders) at the list of email sub folders, I noticed that I had a very large number of duplicates of one particular sub folder. However, there remained only one such sub folder on my desktop, so it does not appear that the duplicates originate on the desktop.
    The problem of the hung screen appeared to be solved by doing a hard reset although this meant spending some time re setting up the phone.
    However, I now see that I am already accumulating a rapidly escalating number of duplicates of the "Trash" sub folder so I anticipate the hanging problem may reappear at some future time.
    So, my question is :
    - has anyone else had the same issue (I saw one poster on another forum but he did not receive any replies) ; and
    - does anyone know of a solution ?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Tags: