1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Duplicate notifications sound problem.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by magnoliasouth, Jul 4, 2013.

1. magnoliasouth

magnoliasouth Lurker

This is really a strange issue and to be honest, a screencap would better illustrate it but since this forum limits new users, too bad. You'll simply have to try and visualize it.

On my SD card I have the following directory:
    \media\audio\notifications

In it let us say I have this file:
    notification01.mp3

It is important to understand that there is only that ONE file inside that folder.

So now I go to:
    Settings > Sounds > Default Notifications

There it has a list of native notification sounds and mine named notification01.mp3 is there as well. Great.

Problem is that I have not one single file named notification01.mp3, but 4 of them! The first three are silent and the 4th is the one that works.

WTF?

It started out with just the one single file. Then for no apparent reason something like a tronic mitosis occured and then there were two, with the same name and everything. A few days later there were three and now there are four.It's the reverse of And Then There Were None!Does anyone know the problem and how to fix it?

I actually have several files in the \media\audio\notifications directory and all of them have been multiplied. I only used the one single file here to better describe the issue.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. magnoliasouth

magnoliasouth Lurker

Really? No one knows anything?

:(

3. Caker188

Caker188 Member

I had the same problem (with music files) but never figured out why it happened. I backed up everything to Kies and deleted all my music and just reloaded them. Very time consuming.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews