1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Duplicate texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Markus729, May 11, 2012.

1. Markus729

Markus729 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    Male
    Digital Design Strategy
    Mile High City
    I've checked other threads with other phones, but none of the answers apply to me. I use GoSMS Pro for my text engine and I've turned off all notifications from the stock text messaging app. But SOMETIMES I get duplicate messages and other times I don't. AND, even when I don't get dupe texts, I open the stock/native text app and all the texts are stored there as well as in my GoSMS app. I thought if I turned off the stock messaging, the dupe texts would stop.

Any help?

Advertisement

2. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    engineer
    The South
    Help is through GOSMS, the app you are clearly using!

I don't get any dups with the stock app, or even with just another app installed.

3. Barkleyfan

Barkleyfan Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    You can't turn off native text app, just shut off notifications. You shouldn't get duplicates if they are off tho.

4. thecarlsoncrew

thecarlsoncrew Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 29, 2010
    Which carrier are you using?

I use GoSMS Pro as well, and got duplicate text messages for about 2 weeks. I called Verizon for help and they didn't have any concrete information, but it appeared that I was getting dupes only from other Verizon users. It happened with both GoSMS and the stock app, though, so it wasn't app dependent.

Verizon said that the recent .183 update contained a fix that addressed the issue, so they told me to take that update and all should be well. But...I'm rooted and modified, so I haven't taken the update (it failed when I tried). I was about to unroot and go back to stock in order to grab the official update, but GoSMS pushed out an app update that seems to have corrected the problem for me.

5. taxiron1

taxiron1 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    I am on Go SMS Pro also, and used to get dupes all the time. Sometimes the same text 6 or 7 times. It did get beter recently. Not sure if the update had anything to do with it or not. Now I only get dupes on rare occasions

6. thisisnascar

thisisnascar Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    Gloucester City, NJ

+1