1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Durable case that doesn't obstruct fingerprint scanner?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DJ_Spectre, Oct 26, 2014.

1. DJ_Spectre

DJ_Spectre Lurker

Hi guys,

I have the S5 LTE-A G906S and am absolutely loving it so far. The OS is somehow starting to lag a tiny bit which is a bit pissing off but I'm just going to get Cyanogen Mod on it after a year, just to punch Obsolescence in the face :)

Anyway I got a durable case for it (Otterbox commuter) and was pretty disappointed to find that it massively affects the fingerprint scanner via the lip over the bottom edge of the screen. One of those things I should have anticipated I guess but hindsight etc

So my question is, does anyone know of any nice and durable phone cases for the S5 that don't have a lip that affects the scanner?

Cheers

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

3. DJ_Spectre

DJ_Spectre Lurker

Thanks very much guys.

Can I just double check how you find the fingerprint scanner while using both of those cases? Do you find the lip of the case affects the reliability of the scanner at all?

4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

With my CandyShell case, the edge of it does not get close enough to the Home Key, er, uh, scanner button to even be an issue.

The scanner works just fine... I decided to forgo the security of the scanner and went back to just a Draw a Pattern.... Why? I work outside around heavy equipment and clean fingers just don't exist. But, I can draw pattern in a flash and use the phone.

5. sully5981

sully5981 Well-Known Member

No issues with the tough armor

6. hazmat47

hazmat47 Newbie

im using the lifeproof fre... no real issues for my fingerprint scanner access

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews