• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dust between digitizer and LCD

Ramzes13

Android Enthusiast
Jan 29, 2010
NJ
So when i took the tp out of the sealed plastic "bag" it shipped in from the box. i went to turn it on, i noticed what i thought was dust on the screen. So i wiped it down with microfiber cloth it came with, and it wouldnt go away. when the unit booted up, it was more profound, now with the backlight on, i held it at an angle and saw it was under the glass.

I have emailed Asus about it, and no response yet. Does anyone know how long the turnaround time is for replacement?

-Or- I can simply void my warranty (which is what i do for a career anyway) and simply wipe the underside of the glass panel with a microfiber cloth.

The only issue i have is, does this come apart the same way an ipad does, where you slip a hard plastic tool between the rubber surround and glass? thanks guys/gals.

no takers...

Update, I spoke with a store manager from Office Depot (I bought online of course) this afternoon. He said that if i bring it in with paper work, he could exchange mine and order a new one for me with a two-business day turn around time. I find this very acceptable since when i contacted Asus about it, they have not responded. I have the dock on order from Best Buy thnaks to another post i was able to jump on it. So i will have a complete prime by thursday :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones