• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dust particles under flash

Sabresfan2630

Mar 5, 2012
Anybody ever get dust under the glass on the back of the phone? It seems i am, not under the camera, just under the flash. It wont go away when i clean it so it must be under the glass. There is no big problem with it being there b/c i dont think it will affect anything. Just wondering if this has happened to anybody else?

Anybody ever get dust under the glass on the back of the phone? It seems i am, not under the camera, just under the flash. It wont go away when i clean it so it must be under the glass. There is no big problem with it being there b/c i dont think it will affect anything. Just wondering if this has happened to anybody else?

It's perfectly normal. In fact, the reflective quality of the fine dust may actually enhance brightness of the flash.

Unless you mean that you have large dust bunnies blocking the flash, then- it's not normal, and you need a new phone.

Upvote 0

i have the same thing on mine, but when i use the camera you cant even see the dust, and ive used the flash and flashlight apps before and there not dim or anything, so as long as its not effecting the phone your all good, i think its from dust getting into the headphone jack on my phone personally

some other users on this site are saying any form of cellphone case, hard or jelly will prevent alot of this from happening, altho a lil dust will get in no matter what

Upvote 0
Yeah I do have a TPU case on my MT. Its just some 10-15 small dust particles. I'm pretty sure its not gonna affect anything with the flash on the camera.

the flash is so bright i think it would have to be covered completely to be effected, you can try taking the highest resolution picture you can of something completely black and see if you can see the dust in the picture, im guessing you wont be able to cause mine has a pretty good amount built up and i still dont see any of it

but with ur case you should be pretty good, the largest area that dust can get in is the backplate, if it were to slide off in a pocket or purse dust can get directly into the phone no issue, a case, or your case, will/should stop the backplate from coming all the way off, but theres still the 3 other dust collector areas, headphone jack, mini usb jack, mini hdmi jack, altho the 2 mini ports should have a harder time letting dust inside the phone itself

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones