• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dust under EVO glass, with pics

Yeah I have an 003 version and two weeks into owing it I started to see the specs of dust I also have light leakage on the bottom and Iam guessing if you have light leakage it hasnt been properly sealed which is really pissing me off since there isnt anything wrong with the phone and its Amazing. I called Sprint repair center and they said they wont clean it out or repair it but will replace which I really didnt want go through that mission. There has to be something else that can be down to move it or properly seal it.

Upvote 0
Just noticed mine has this dust. Similar to the OP pics. No light leakage or screen lifting and I've had my phone since launch.

Not even sure what to do about it.
See that is just crazy because supposedly the people with launch Evos that were made by HTC arent suppose to ge this problem and mine has also gotten to that stage. And sprint repair centers I have called have told me they havrnt even herd of this problem

Upvote 0
See that is just crazy because supposedly the people with launch Evos that were made by HTC arent suppose to ge this problem and mine has also gotten to that stage. And sprint repair centers I have called have told me they havrnt even herd of this problem

I can only see it with the screen off. Hopefull it doesn't spread and get worse? :thinking:

I guess I'll just ignore it for now.

Upvote 0
here have fun taking apart your phones..
HTC Evo 4G Teardown - iFixit
I cannot stress enough to NOT do this. The glass does not pop out as easily as that teardown page shows. I found out the hard way, the glass is glued or something. I have the same dust as the original poster and all I did was manage to get the glass separated enough for it to spread around.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones