1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Dust under the screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eddietse91, Oct 30, 2010.

1. eddietse91

eddietse91 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Hello!<
    I've had the phone for 3 months now.. but i've just realised last night i have some dust under my screen near the top left corner...
    anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement

2. rosered

rosered Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Is it under the screen or under the factory fit screen protector... if its the latter then I guess you could just remove it and go 'bare back' or buy another protector for it.

If its under the screen proper, I don't know what to suggest.

3. eddietse91

Jul 1, 2010
    Factory screen protector??? is there one? i thought there was just the film... i peeled that off. then put another one on it...

4. rosered

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Have a really close look in the bottom corner of your phone, its actually hard to see but you can just see an edge of it. I didn't know it was there and have another purchased protector on my screen (which is still there btw - double reassurance)

Have a look see and let us know what you find. There is another thread on here about factory fitted screen protectors... I'll see if I can find it.

5. eddietse91

Jul 1, 2010
    err,i've just peeled my one off... Then tried to peel the "factory" one off... but it's like hard plastic, it's stuck onto the screen? like it's part of the screen? so i just put a new one on.. hmm :S

6. rosered

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Yeah apparently they are stuck down pretty good. They are quite thick and therefore do offer a good level of protection. Powerkiter's phone got run over and whilst the screen underneath was cracked the screen protector was still intact above it!

7. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

May 15, 2010
    London, England
    I've got the exact same problem... except its on my digital camera :p

8. eddietse91

Jul 1, 2010
    ok.. I went to O2 store today.. and they have sent it off to repair!... So I am without my X10 for up to 2 weeks.... Anyone know what is the roughly time it'll take?