1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dust

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rastaman-FB, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

ok so im a bit pinickity about dust.
    this phone is already pissing me off.
    does anyone else have an issue with the way the dust sits in the groove between the screen and the plastic casing (can see this building up heavily over time if its only been a week and its annoying me)
    also where the hardware button is there is a lip of glass before it reaches the button. seems dust gets trapped under there too.

I dont have alot of dust around me or work in a dusty area however its in my pocket alot and it seems it takes the pocket fluff/dust there.

seems theyve had a design flaw and not thought that maybe rather than having the glass recessed into the case it should be sat on top and sealed at the side ala iphone

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Its going to vary between devices on just how much of a gap there is between the bezel and glass...Thank Samsung and their awesome quality control. Throw a Diztronic case on it, it covers almost the whole bezel, and will give you piece of mind while its in your pockets.

3. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

That air in a can works pretty good as long as you do not use it very close to the screen

4. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

No way man...careful with that! I wrecked a Blackberry a few years back from listening to someone on a forum about using the Can of air from staples. Lmaoo,,,Blew the dust from the bottom of the screen all over the inside of the screen...

5. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

My unit is pretty tight. I haven't noticed an issue. I've seen a thread on this before

6. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

You notice I said not very close to the screen. I've been using canned air on all my phones (including S3) for 10 years or so with no problems. Mostly for trail dust and pocket lint. I guess I must be doing it right. But yes if you are going to touch the phone with the nozzle, you of course could have problems.

7. matttye

matttye Android Expert

No problems here.

8. Ustna

Ustna Newbie

I don;t have this issue either...can you post a pic of it?

9. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

Mine's not bad either. :p

10. Scotty66

Scotty66 Newbie

I'm a dryliner on a building site. Phone is in a plastic back case (

11. andy-roid

andy-roid Android Enthusiast

12. Fringe28

Fringe28 Lurker

Heya. Has anyone had any problems with dirt gathering on the G.S3 around the edgest of the screen (between the screen and the chrome blue/silver? edge thingy) its only noticeable under direct light but my OCD is kicking it and i hate it. So my question is is there any way to get rid of that or only to replace the screen or something.

Thanks ;)

13. anna_p

anna_p Member

I haven't had any yet, but I used to get it on my S2. Just wipe it off, I would sometimes use a baby wipe on the S2 if it was kind of in the crevice and hard to get out.

14. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

i bet i would. that edge im refering too is even all the way around and would be pretty impossible for dust "not" to get there. just the way they glass traps it due to it being slightly lipped underneath

i would do but a pic doesnt do it justice as its so small an area i would need a digital slr to focus on it
    yep this, i find it hard to believe this isnt affecting everyone as its a that gap cannot be avoided completely on parts of the phone.
    you can only tell in certain lighting conditions its more for when i come to sell it than anything. getting rid of it will be a nightmare

15. Paul7876

Paul7876 Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue along the top. There's white marks (dust?) in the join between the bezel and the screen. It runs along the whole top except directly above the earpiece

16. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

No problem here, and I live in the desert.

Stormlight likes this.
  17. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Is the desert dusty?

;)

18. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Haha, as dusty as you can imagine. Yet I have not put a screen protector or a case on. Only replaced battery door with leather-like one for better grip.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews