• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rastaman-FB

Extreme Android User
Sep 11, 2009
UK
ok so im a bit pinickity about dust.
this phone is already pissing me off.
does anyone else have an issue with the way the dust sits in the groove between the screen and the plastic casing (can see this building up heavily over time if its only been a week and its annoying me)
also where the hardware button is there is a lip of glass before it reaches the button. seems dust gets trapped under there too.

I dont have alot of dust around me or work in a dusty area however its in my pocket alot and it seems it takes the pocket fluff/dust there.

seems theyve had a design flaw and not thought that maybe rather than having the glass recessed into the case it should be sat on top and sealed at the side ala iphone

No way man...careful with that! I wrecked a Blackberry a few years back from listening to someone on a forum about using the Can of air from staples. Lmaoo,,,Blew the dust from the bottom of the screen all over the inside of the screen...

You notice I said not very close to the screen. I've been using canned air on all my phones (including S3) for 10 years or so with no problems. Mostly for trail dust and pocket lint. I guess I must be doing it right. But yes if you are going to touch the phone with the nozzle, you of course could have problems.

Upvote 0
Heya. Has anyone had any problems with dirt gathering on the G.S3 around the edgest of the screen (between the screen and the chrome blue/silver? edge thingy) its only noticeable under direct light but my OCD is kicking it and i hate it. So my question is is there any way to get rid of that or only to replace the screen or something.

Thanks ;)

Upvote 0
My unit is pretty tight. I haven't noticed an issue. I've seen a thread on this before

i bet i would. that edge im refering too is even all the way around and would be pretty impossible for dust "not" to get there. just the way they glass traps it due to it being slightly lipped underneath

I don;t have this issue either...can you post a pic of it?

i would do but a pic doesnt do it justice as its so small an area i would need a digital slr to focus on it
I have the same problem but it doesn't bother me

Dust issues on s3 - xda-developers
yep this, i find it hard to believe this isnt affecting everyone as its a that gap cannot be avoided completely on parts of the phone.
you can only tell in certain lighting conditions its more for when i come to sell it than anything. getting rid of it will be a nightmare

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones