• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TheTrueSpin

Android Enthusiast
May 21, 2010
Noticed a few specs of really really small dust behind my screen. You really can't see them unless you shine light directly onto the screen and look really hard, but they are there. Can't see anything if screen is on, no matter how hard you look - so not bothered at the moment.

All my devices have ended up with some dust under the screen eventually, but I am hoping that this isn't going to be a problem that gets worse... only had his thing a week and its been kept in a case with screen protector.

I mentioned to my friend and he swore blind he had none on his Desire, but I had a look and he did, he just hadn't noticed it. Anyone else?

i'm on my 3rd desire mate!

and everytime i saw dust in it within 1 hour out of the box. must be something i'm doing :/

anyways i just gave up and thought 'fook it, i can only see it if i try realllly hard' and with that mentality, it hasn't bothered me much.

fact of the matter though, is if you use the phone normally, it wouldn't really affect you unless the dust is a massive spec.

Upvote 0
I know two other ppl with desires and both have some dust under the screen... but both said they couldn't see anything, even when i pointed it out. I can live with it tbh... provided I can't see it under normal use... if it gets terrible ... like an old blackberry i used to have... ill get it cleaned by htc under the warranty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones