• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DvdFab and Captivate

Restraint

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
I am using DvdFab to convert my movies, but I am having problems getting them into a format that will use the entire screen on the Captivate.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I have tried Handbreak but no luck there either.

So far I have used "DVD to mobile" then tried the I Pod/ Iphone setting and the I pad setting. Sound is great and movie looks awesome, but it is small on the screen.

I have been using Meridian to view them.

Thanks!

Unless you want to crop or stretch (distort) the image, there will be few movies that fill the screen perfectly. Best you can do is fill the width and have slight black borders on top and bottom.

In Handbrake, uncheck anamorphic, check keep native AR. If you try to use the up arrow to increase the width, it won't go above 720p. But use the one for height and you can go higher. Raise height until width is 800 and accept whatever it calculates for height (448 I think for 2.35:1 if I recall).

Handbrake doesn't seem to remember this even if you save it as a profile so you'll have to adjust it each time.

Then in your player make sure you're not having it stretch full screen. In the default player this is toggled with the icon in the lower right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones