1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

DX 2 Section Format

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by Steven58, May 19, 2011.

1. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

The phone has debuted. I think we'll be needing support and tips sections added. tia.

Steven

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Or will the DX2 forum follow the new format with limited sub-forums and tags?

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Can't track down the link atm but I seem to remember phases saying that until Him and Rob agree on keeping tag system or not all new phone sections would have root subforum only and no other sub-forums. I believe it is because if he does create sections it will only confuse members if/when they go ahead with the tag system and vice versa...

Of course I could be completely wrong and hallucinating(its happened before)

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

5. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

Yes and in theory the app is nearing completion. Finally.

However we also made a poll in Thunderbolt to gauge user interests in the prefix system - which I need to look at.

6. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

7. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

That's great, I can't wait to be able to use the report button! lol Makes it a bit easier to mod...well another moderator to mod in the Reported Forum, lol. Do you know if the next beta has multi quoting capability?

WRT prefixes...It seems to be evenly split between those that like it and those that don't. ATM, those that don't is a bit ahead. I really do like the prefixes, it's easier to 'navigate'. I do believe that the prefixes cater to everyone; those that want everything in the main forum and those that like 'subforum' only need to filter what they want. It seems that most of the complaints are people not being used to the prefix and their complaint is that the prefixes are 'unorganized'. This is very untrue, they just need to realize how the prefixes organize the TB forum now. The only thing I see an issue (maybe not) is that we'll have forums with prefixes and forums with subforums. This might really confuse members going from one forum to another. I believe this is the case with members voting against prefixes.

If you do push out prefixes for the other forums, would it be for all 2011 phones that have been released? These forums have been active for almost half a year, so members have already have habbits to their forums. I just wonder if they will adapt to the prefix.