1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Accessories DX Multimedia Dock for... $3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twister6, Aug 12, 2010.

1. twister6

twister6 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Believe it or not, you can make a cool Droid X multimedia stand for $3. Here is how. Get this (Clear Acrylic Display Stand/Easel fits 3"-6", and if link expires than just search for it) [​IMG]Clear Acrylic Display Stand/Easel fits 3"-6" Plate/Tile - eBay (item 320503055150 end time Aug-13-10 12:21:23 PDT) - I got two of these shipped for $5.84. Go to your local Arts & Crafts store, like Michaels, and get a dozen of craft magnets for about $1.60. And you are all set!!! Below are the pictures. Sorry, the screen didn't show up well because I had a flash on when took these pics.

Material:

[​IMG]

Glue the magnet. Play with a polarity. One way is for Car Dock, the other for Multimedia Dock. If phone placed evenly in the middle, magnet aligns with a back sensor perfectly:

[​IMG]

And this is how it looks with DX:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and sideways:

[​IMG]

Since I got two of these, I'm keeping one downstairs without magnet, just a nice stand to keep phone up. And the other one upstairs by the bed where I glued magnet to use as MM Stand.

Have fun!!!

Advertisement

Willyg44 likes this.
  2. JB426

JB426 Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Thanks.

3. Steady_Mobbin831

Steady_Mobbin831 Active Member

Jul 22, 2010
    8*3*1 $4li4a$
    this wont fuk it up will it ? lol

4. Willyg44

Willyg44 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    That's pretty good :) If you find a way to rubberize the plastic stand or something similar, I'd definitely do it. I'll try to think of something.

5. twister6

twister6 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Not sure if its even necessary to rubberize it. The edges of plastic are not sharp at all. But if you want a better cushion maybe you can get a layer of thin foam sheet with a sticky side, wonder if Michaels store has something like that, and cut out shapes to stick it inside. Either way this stand works great to keep up DX upright so I can see notification blinking green light from anywhere across the room :)