• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"DX Stellar batter life" (PC World)

I think the Inc gets a bad rap due to the weak a55 battery HTC put in the device. It seems weaker than 1300 and did not last 3/4 of a day without a charge, but the 1750 Seidio has about 30% charge for me at the end of the day and no need to charge during the day.

Seems the HTC OEM battery for the Inc is 1100mah- at best.

Still, a 45nm chipset should use less juice and factor in TI's hardware level battery management- the 3630 is hard for the 65nm Snap to beat.

I have to agree w/ that. What was HTC thinking about (besides profits) when they decided to use a 1300mAh battery? But, considering the OLED screen is supposed less a factor in battery usage than a regular LCD, I dunno.

It seems that all of the HTC phones do a poor job of managing power, regardless of the low power display in the Incredible.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, it seems that Moto does a pretty good job of managing battery life in it's Droid phones.

I really like the Incredible, on the fence about upgrading to the X. Even though I have the 2150 in the Incredible and get 2 days of usage, reports about the X getting "stellar battery life" are intriguing.

Upvote 0
I have to agree w/ that. What was HTC thinking about (besides profits) when they decided to use a 1300mAh battery? But, considering the OLED screen is supposed less a factor in battery usage than a regular LCD, I dunno.

It seems that all of the HTC phones do a poor job of managing power, regardless of the low power display in the Incredible.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, it seems that Moto does a pretty good job of managing battery life in it's Droid phones.

I really like the Incredible, on the fence about upgrading to the X. Even though I have the 2150 in the Incredible and get 2 days of usage, reports about the X getting "stellar battery life" are intriguing.

Another thing thats wild....the Inc also has a 1Ghz chip in it. I could see if it had a 550Mhz like the Droid or the 528MHz like the Eris and them using 1300 battery. ...they must didnt think about how going from 500Mhz to 1Ghz might affect battery life.

Upvote 0
I have to charge my Inc sometimes 3 times a day, I'm a pretty heavy user. I can't wait till i can go at least till noon on one charge.

Wow your battery life on the Inc is that bad? On my original HTC battery, it wouldn't last a day, but on my extended battery... it would. According to many reviews, the battery should last easily throughout the day with moderate use. With the extended battery, I assume easily throughout the day with heavy use. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones