• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help E:cannot load voulume/misc!

A

Android Question

it say's on the screen andiod system recovery <3e>

andriod system recovery utility

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cahe partition
then has a pic of the andriod dude laying down then under that at the bottom it has

E:Cannot load volume /misc!

what do I do is it fried or is there solution's please any please help very frustrating

Default E:cannot load voulume/misc!

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cahe partition
then has a pic of the andriod dude laying down then under that at the bottom it has

what do I do is it fried or is there solution's please any please help very frustrating:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
Hey there, Charlotte :).

Looks like you've gotten your device into the stock recovery mode. I believe you should be able to select the "reboot system now" option by using the volume keys to toggle up and down amongst the selections. Then, use the power button to make your selection.

Additionally, if your device has a removable battery, try taking it out and putting it back in and then restart your device. That should allow it to restart back into Android normally.

Failing the above working, let us know the specific details about your device and carrier and we'll get this thread moved to the specific forum for your device to get the help of the folks that know it best.

:)

Reactions: charlotteswebb
Upvote 0
Thank you I have Tried All The above and what I wrote in the post is exactly what it said word for word. Top to bottom. All I did was close out a game and I put it on the table came back and this is what it said and I tried doing everything you suggested and I even took the battery out for a while and then I tried to plug it in to my computer and still telling me

Default E:cannot load voulume/misc!

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cahe partition

Upvote 0
model C5133 - virgin mobile is my service

You could post in or I could move you to one of these areas here at AF:

Kyocera Event - Android Forums

(if you are rooted or were doing any root-related activities (but I suspect you were not), then you'd want to post here):

Event - All Things Root - Android Forums

Hopefully the folks in our Kyocera Event area will have a better idea than I about what might be going on.

Let me know if you'd like me to move this thread or if you want to re-post yourself.

Thanks!

Reactions: charlotteswebb
Upvote 0
Would You Please move me I am new and not that swift yet but I am a quick learner. Thank You again for all your help and I wasn't doing anything to my phone I was playing a bingo game and it froze and so I removed the battery and put it back in set it down on the table and came back after doing some dish's and that is what the screen read. So with that being said Please forward my post to the right people to help me cuz I think it's just something stupid or maybe my phone is just screwed. Thanks again and have a great week!!

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Hey No one has responded to my thread so should I take that as a sign that my phone is screwed. I need my phone I am going crazy.

It's probably just a matter of timing (time of day, people being at work, etc.) that folks haven't yet responded or possible that they don't know what else to suggest...:dontknow:

Don't know if you could contact the retailer that you purchased the device from or not or what they would tell you and have you do (warranty, insurance, etc.)...

Upvote 0
My phone is the same model and it is doing the exact same thing. i was playing minecraft and it froze so i took the battery out and restarted it. the event logo would stay on and the phone wouldn't load any farther.i left it on all night and let the battery drain, then i tried to recover it and used all the options, none of them worked:

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cahe partition

does anyone know how to fix this?
I've only had it for 4 months and i currently cant afford another phone.
Plz Help!

Upvote 0
Welcome to our AndroidForums, poisonedfrogs :), but sorry for meeting you under these circumstance :(.

I would think that you'd be able to select the "reboot system now" option and have it reboot as normal, but it seems like it wants to keep going into the stock recovery mode?

Is it new enough that its still under warranty? Can you try to contact the place where you purchased it from as let them know what you're seeing?

:dontknow:

Still hoping someone else will chime-in with a helpful idea / thought!

Upvote 0
I have been having exactly the same problems with my phone also, which is only 5 months. It used to stay frozen on the system recovery screen for a full day, and eventually would go back to the home screen, although each time it would take longer. Now it has been a black screen, as if it were off, for 2 days, and even though I was able to get it lit up, it froze on the recovery screen and stayed that way for hours, til I decided to pull the battery, as it was suggested here, and I was afraid it was going to run the battery down and I don't know if it is taking a charge or not. The red light for low battery started earlier tonight, so I'm guessing it's won't even take a charge now.

This is unfortunately sounding as if this particular phone has this horrible glitch and malfunction, in general, since it has affected so many of us. They are in need of a recall and I need a reliable phone, which this one has never been! I have had nothing but problems with this phone, beginning with it always turning itself off randomly, with no rhyme or reason. I cannot even get into it to retrieve my phone numbers, and I am losing business over this. I hope someone can help me or at the very least exchange my phone for something that will work!!!! :(

Upvote 0
The red LED light for low charge is normal. It goes on anytime that the battery's power level is below 100%, when the phone is being charged.

I've read through this whole thread a few times, and tried to research some stuff on the net about it. My best guess is probably that your phones might be running programs in the background that may be causing them to overheat frequently, especially when they're idle. That could be causing some of the breakdowns, but it shouldn't in most cases unless the overheating was at the extreme end. My Event has overheated a few times, but I simply got rid of the programs that caused it, and have had no problems since.

The programs that have caused overheating for me are the facebook, Chrome and the Avast antivirus apps. facebook for Android is quite the memory and CPU hog (even when moved to SD!), and can be problematic on lower end phones like this one. Chrome's cache can fill up quickly at times, even when running in the background. I've simply frozen it, and use a couple of light browsers + the standard one in place of it. Avast sometimes would scan my phone more than I wanted, so it had to go. As it is, if I grab an app outside Google Play, I can always hold off until I can access my PC to scan it, if needed. If it's from a reputable source, I usually go ahead and install it.

And yes, my phone is rooted. Otherwise, I don't know what else to say. Hope the guys from Kyocera come up with a good response. I've never had to contact them for anything yet.

Upvote 0
I contacted Virgin's Cust.Serv. (via new Samsung Galaxy Rush phone my new employer insisted I accept so they are able to contact me. They were more than fed-up with the "passing-the-buck" attitude I was receiving from all angles - present company accepted, Thank You All Very Much!)...and after answering many questions and being told every time that there was NOTHING they could do about my problem, my insistence/persistence led me to a supervisor who by far deserves his position. He asked if he could, with my assistance, "Troubleshoot" my phone, and let me know it would"wipe out" all my info, of which I agreed to, and went through the "steps" with him. Without further query, he agreed to a replacement, albeit having the black cover, as opposed to the red one (which I'm happy to say I prefer the black), and because I had just made my monthly phone payment the same day the old one died, he put it on hold til I receive and activate the new one, and will be sending me an envelope to ship my old one back to them. I am Surprisingly Happy to Report his Handling of This Mess as Very Professional and Friendly! ~I thank you all for your input and help. *Now I have to figure out what to do with the new phone..... =^)

Upvote 0
I have been experiencing all the problems mentioned above, and one more that is even more frustrating. If, and that is a big IF, it decides to actually get past the black screen that says "Event" and boots up, I get this:

A pop-up on the main screen saying "Launcher is not responding. Would you like to close it?"

That's right, the launcher. Meaning my home screen is dead. I can see everything but it is non-responsive. It never does start working once I get that message. I can turn it off or do a battery pull, restart the phone, and bam- same thing over and over. I can do this routine again and again and it keeps doing it.

I will call Virgin now that I know there is an off chance I can get a replacement. I'll re-post my experience with that.

Thank goodness taxes are around the corner, I won't be fighting with this one much longer one way or the other.

Thanks for all your observations and suggestions, big help just reading the above knowing I am not alone in this lol.

EDIT: New phone coming in the mail. Was told this was a common issue.

Upvote 0
Has anyone ever figured out the error on the android recovery menu (upon boot) about not loading the /misc thing? Is it because there is no /misc at the root directory? (According to es file explorer)

Probably.

It may be a line from some script that the devs who programmed this phone either ignored, or forgot to remove. I certainly don't get that error message with either my Optimus V or Optimus F3 phones when entering recovery.

Upvote 0
yes I to have the same problem with my phone! it stated to close all my files and the it shut itself off and on only coming to the red screen were you see the people dancing around then it shuts back down it don't stop till I take the battery out. I did the reboot thing and the wipe cache partition and I did the wipe data/factory reset and it still does it. I lost all of my pic's and videos, my sons first laugh and his first crawl. I will never see it again. what can I do to fix it, I to called up there because I have only have had my phone for six months and my warranty is still good on it. they told me to pay $50.00 to get my replacement phone, because my phone started to act up and I didn't want to put more money on it till I figured out what was up with it. PLEASE HELP!!!!! what do I do now?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones