1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root e: Can't mount sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sole, Feb 19, 2011.

1. sole

sole Lurker

I've been looking for a solution to this problem for over a month now. Reading and trying everything to get my Evo to read my sd card. I replaced the card but the Evo won't read any card. I have access to other functions and downloaded "terminal emulator" to the phone itself. Tried plugging in commands but, nothing. If there's a way to use Terminal emulator on my PC to connect to the phone, I don't have any clue as to how to that. I've been reading and searching but could not find instructions.

I'm a lone ranger at the end of my wits here. Nothing allows me to mound my sd card. I also get a Qualcomm cdma message whenever I connect via USB to my pc. My card reader is able to see everything on the card and I've formatted and partitioned the drive but don't know what the split should be if any. I now have Fat 32 and EXT 2. I'm running win xp. The problem started when I missed a step in flashing a new kernel and rom.

Your help is appreciated!

Advertisement

2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert

Is it the card that came with your phone or a replacement card?

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Are you using windows to format and partition or the phone?

It needs to be done with the phone. I suggest starting from scratch. Using easus free partition completely wipe the card all partitions everything back to a??gb card. Format it with no labels etc. Fat32

Put card in phone. Format card with phone menu.

Follow partition instructions supplied on xda for a2sd if that is why you are trying to partition. I will supply a link later if you need it.

Otherwise.....why are you partitioning?

4. autorail1

autorail1 Android Enthusiast

Im having the same darn issue. I have formatted the card in Windows, Loaded a new rom then put my photos on and it will still show the card is read only.

5. fmalcolmr

fmalcolmr Well-Known Member

Probably won't work, but sometimes the simple things do. I had the same problem with mine; tried to partition it and then it said read only. Did a battery and sd card pull and it's worked perfect [still partitioned] since [3 weeks].