• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help E:Can't open/cache/recovery/command

Is this the message you're getting?

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", :ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.0/ESD20/17572:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.0.1/ESD56/20996:user/release-keys"
E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Upvote 0

Installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", :ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.0/ESD20/17572:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.0.1/ESD56/20996:user/release-keys"
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Not 100% sure but that looks like it. I would have to run the update again.
I know it starts i with

assert failed and ends with Installation aborted.

Upvote 0
i found a motorola droid but its stuck in bootloader

bootloader
2c.6c

battery ok to program
connect usb data cable... im trying to run the update.. but i get this error

assert failed: sholes.update_cdma_cdma_bp("/tmp/rdl.bin", "/tmp/bp.img")
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted...
any1 knows why??...

Installing update...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Upvote 0

Installing update...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

That is exactly the message I get. The little research I have done says that you need to get back to the original build.prop file. I am not sure how to restore that file. I am using Droid Overclock and know that I have changed some of the build props. In some of the Build Properties it has a revert to stock option and some it does not. Either way, no update for me until I can restore those files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones