• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help E:Cant open /cache/recovery/command

E:Cant open /cache/recovery/command

• htc users

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • anroid users

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i have been using a htc sensation z710a for sometime now..but recently i started having touch problems my touch would work then stop again it would work then stop.. i av been trying to update the rom but i end up just geting this error message..(E:Cant open /cache/recovery/command) how can i solve this,,please help

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS DANNY KRUGER !

Your phone is well past what is typically regarded as its service life,beyond any mfg warranties.
If it has been in steady use since its release (2011-2012), consider yourself fortunate that it's made it this long before you have started experiencing performance issues.

As for ROM updates,ditto,HTC is no longer updating the O/S on this device,two years being the norm.

Your phone has had a good long life.Repairing may save it,but,I doubt cost-effective.
Unless you happen to have a particular affinity for this model,it's time to retire it & move to a different phone.
Or,you might get lucky & find one brand new in box,on Amazon/e-Bay/etc.....

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Welcome to our AndroidForums, Danny :).

I'm pretty sure the "can't open" error message you're seeing is from the stock recovery and is typically okay depending on what you're actually doing.

You didn't mention exactly how you're trying to update the ROM, but I'm guessing it involves putting a .zip file into your SD card and rebooting into recovery.

Also not sure exactly which device your Sensation is (possibly the "XE"?), but we have 4 areas here you could look / research in for help:

Cheers and best of luck!

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
i have been using a htc sensation z710a for sometime now..but recently i started having touch problems my touch would work then stop again it would work then stop.. i av been trying to update the rom but i end up just geting this error message..(E:Cant open /cache/recovery/command) how can i solve this,,please help

Welcome to our AndroidForums, Danny :).

I'm pretty sure the "can't open" error message you're seeing is from the stock recovery and is typically okay depending on what you're actually doing.

You didn't mention exactly how you're trying to update the ROM, but I'm guessing it involves putting a .zip file into your SD card and rebooting into recovery.

Also not sure exactly which device your Sensation is (possibly the "XE"?), but we have 4 areas here you could look / research in for help:

Cheers and best of luck!

The newer phones would do themselves a favor by taking some styling cues from the HTC Sensation & its contemporaries...................

An aftermarket ROM may breathe some life back into this phone & I hope the best for a positive outcome.
However,the touchscreen/responsiveness,or,lack thereof,will likely persist.
Since the phone is not performing as well as it should,it won't hurt to try an app from the Google Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.shop4apps.touchscreenbooster.com&hl=en

I've installed this myself on several devices,both Samsung & others,so,don't let the app name deter you from trying it out.
Whether this app actually really does anything,I can'y say,it seemed to help on other devices I've had.
But,then again,it could all be a placebo.I can vouch that it won't hurt anything.As for determining how far along the touchscreen issues are,there are several test apps in the Google Play Store to troubleshoot:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=touch screen test&c=apps&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=touch screen sensitivity calibration&c=apps&hl=en

I can't recommend one in particular,but,I will go so far as recommending one with no ads & as few app permissions as possible.
No matter which you use,uninstall when you're done,no need to have a test app on board you're not gonna use.

Please keep us posted on your outcome. :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones