• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root E:/Can't read sdcard

if you did the
[FONT=&quot]fastboot oem enableqxdm 0[/FONT]
it should allow access to sdcard :/
the rest of the usb brick can be resolved by flashing mtd0.img via fastboot (as you are using latest s-off)
there might be a hardware issue here if it cannot read other cards either and that command doesnt work

what recovery are you using?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
well we dont know if its usb brick yet. sdcard should be enabled and working regardless of usb issues if you use that command.
I never have and will never like that recovery.
If i were you i would look at flashing a different recovery via fastboot.
do you know what erase size you are?

Upvote 0
its hard to find out without being able to boot.
the reason for this is that we need to know what recovery to get you on. if its not 20000 then you cannot use cwm 2.5.0.7
if you can boot to recovery do "adb devices"
if you get a responce then try "adb shell" then "cat /proc/mtd"
if you get 20000 then download cwm2.5.0.7 from root tools thread and flash it with fastboot. fastboot flash recovery <recoveryimagenamehere>.img
fasboot reboot-bootloader
see if you get the same error with sdcard

Reactions: Evil Genius
Upvote 0
small update: i cant fix it.

looks like a hardware isue. goodbye my little Desire.

next question:

which phone do i buy now??
flash 2.3.3 ruu while booted to fastboot.
you will still be covered by warranty
send it off and youll get it back fixed
you will need to fastboot flash hboot bravo_downgrade.img from http://alpharev.nl first to make sure it overwrites the hboot with stock
make sure you check the md5 first
if you still have sdcard problems after that then you know for certain it was hardware and therefore htc should replace/fix it

Upvote 0
STOP THE PRESS!

i decided that it was a hardware fault.

so i found a YouTube DIY disassembly video and took my Desire apart. after fiddling with the SD card connections my Desire works again!!!!!!!!

i have NO idea what i did apart from jiggle a few connections and firmly stick down a few bits of tape.

having said that, i have no idea how long it with run for but i'm happy for now

:D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones