• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help E-MAIL issues with images being poor quality!!

rminc

Lurker
Sep 29, 2010
Ok guys here is my dilemma.

I have both a Xperia X10 and Samsung galaxy S.
I received an email with an image attachment around 850kb. I check it on my X10 using K9 mail and the picture is much clearer and larger than when I open it on my Galaxy S. It is as though on the galaxy S it compresses the file size making the image alot smaller and difficult to see clearly.

I have tried the following before you make suggestions.
-It happens not only on K9 but the default email app and a few other I tried to make sure it wasnt just K9
-It is not just that particular image it is pretty much all of them, some are a little clearer than others but still not as clear as the X10.
-All images are around 750KB-2.1MB

My question is; does anyone know what is wrong? Is there some sort of restriction on galaxy S or is the phone just doomed with crappy quality images when downloaded from mail??

Thanks in advance,

Ross

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones