1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

e-mail not updating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sobo1, Apr 14, 2012.

1. sobo1

sobo1 Newbie

Need some help here folks...this one has got me stumped.

A couple weeks ago my wife's HTC Evo stopped updating her e-mail- randomly for no reason. Still have no idea why. There were no setting changed and she doesn't get any errors- it just won't update.

Now a couple weeks later the exact same thing happened to me. We both have an exchange account and our AOL account- exchange still works fine, but it's now AOL than won't update on either phone.

Here's where it gets weird- frustrated that it wouldn't update- I went out and downloaded the K-9 app to get my mail and it DOES work updating my e-mail with no issue. And, just to be sure I wasn't doing anything wrong, I compared the setting in K-9 with the settings I have in the standard mail app and they are identical...

Please help...why would the standard mail app just randomly stop working for us but using the exact same settings I'm able to get updates and new mail through a different app?

Thanks for any help-

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

There could be any number of reason for it. Really nothing I would go pulling my hair out over about. You probably just need to make sure that the new email program will continue to work the way expected. Sometimes in life crap happens. I have not used the standard email app in quite some time so who know's of all the woes it has.

3. sobo1

sobo1 Newbie

Thanks for the feedback...what app are you using to get your mail? As I said the standard mail app isn't working with my personal e-mail and K-9 does not work with exchange- so now I have 2 apps to get my e-mail. If I can't get it working, it would at least be nice to just have to use one app.

Thanks

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews