• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help E-mail on the optimus v

craZhorse

Feb 14, 2011
Has anyone had trouble with their email. I cannot send email but
receiving mail works ok. Also when email comes in the icon will not
stay in the notification bar.The icon shows up in the bar but disappears
in about a second. I have tried resetting all of the email settings, rebooting several times and even a factory reset. I have talked to service
techs at VM(what a joke) but no help. Any suggestions? Thanks

Upvote 0
One other note...if you're trying to use the email client for POP access on GMail, rather than the GMail app, you have to enable POP on the GMail account in question, which you have to do on the GMail account page on your PC. POP access is not available until you do that for any client trying to use POP servers. There are instructions there on how to do the setup with the correct server and port info, etc.

Upvote 0
One other note...if you're trying to use the email client for POP access on GMail, rather than the GMail app, you have to enable POP on the GMail account in question, which you have to do on the GMail account page on your PC. POP access is not available until you do that for any client trying to use POP servers. There are instructions there on how to do the setup with the correct server and port info, etc.
Good point! Nothing will work unless you enable pop or IMAP in your webmail's settings page!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones