1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

E-Mail problems - maybe an easy answer from you?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by sm1979, Feb 16, 2011.

1. sm1979

sm1979 Lurker

Hi. I have an HTC Desire and recently decided to add my 2 email accounts to my phone.

Now this may be a simple problem, or one that doesn't have a solution. I really think receiving email on the go from 2 separate accounts is easy as peas, but I do have a problem. Why is it that when I delete an email (or many emails) from either of my accounts (hotmail and blueyonder) they don't delete from my email account online? I mean when I log into computer, I would expect if I'd deleted them from my phone, I wouldn't then have to re-delete them when I got onto my computer and getting the full web browser version.

Can anyone help please? This would be greatly appreciated :)

Advertisement

2. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

Does your mail app have a "leave mail on server" setting?

3. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert

Conversely - Like MailDroid has a "When I delete it on the phone, delete it on the server, too" setting.
    K9 might have the same thing.

4. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

K9 has it - I keep it set to retain mail on the server, so I can clear everything off the phone once I've read it and not fill up memory. I'm not sure about the stock HTC app any more because it's been so long since I've used it.

Anyway, sm1979, just look for a setting like that and toggle it the other way. Or, if your mail app doesn't have it, you can always find one that does. :)

sm1979 likes this.
  5. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

For Hotmail, if you set it up to access via ActiveSync instead of POP (search for details), you won't have this issue. POP accounts are a bit of a pain in that regard. They're really not capable of syncing.

See if IMAP is available for your other account.

6. sm1979

sm1979 Lurker

Thank you all for your replies!! Made managing my emails on the go much easier! Thanks again so much :)

Wayrad, your suggestion worked an absolute treat - kudos to you my friend ;-)