• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help E Mail Settings Changing On Their Own

Hello all, please excuse if this has been addressed, but I couldn't find it. I've had the Sprint EVO for about a week now and love it, except for the fact that the email settings keep changing. I go in and change the notification settings to Notification Sound "On", and then, sometimes, a few hours later, when I notice that I haven't heard any emails come in, I'll check the settings and see that Notification Sound is now "Off." Same thing with download frequency and delete email on server. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, great forum!

Maybe you are changing the notification in the main settings but not in the Mail app itself, or vice versa. I've had troubles before with settings within an app overriding settings in UI.

I can't recreate this problem because I use Gmail but I figured I would give you some response since I see you're not gettting much. :)

Upvote 0
Wanted to bump this as I have the same problem going on since I bought the phone in June. About 1-2x's a month my delete and download frequency settings change. Really annoying, especially the delete on server setting as I lost 4 days of emails on my work computer while traveling. Huge PIA. Anyone have any ideas? I keep going thru the email accounts to set settings.

Upvote 0
This is happening to me as well. I've had my Evo for almost a month. I set up the email settings and they worked fine for several weeks. However, in the past three days, the settings have reset at least three times. The tipoff is that I set "ask before deleting" set to OFF, but when I delete an email, I get the confirmation. When I check settings, they are all reset (including delete mail on server, which I need to have set to OFF). There is definitely something going on in the background!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones