1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

E-mail sync issue. Deleting e-mail on device does not reconcile on server (messages repopulate)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JG-1, Aug 14, 2012.

1. JG-1

JG-1 Well-Known Member

Deleting email seems impossible. Soon as I refresh the email, all the deleted messages repopulate.

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. toddpedersen

toddpedersen Well-Known Member

Rooted or not Rooted?
    What Email? Gmail, Yahoo Mail applicatoin or a Pop 3 or IMAP4 account via the built in phone email app, Exchange etc.?

PattiCakeUS and marctronixx like this.
  3. JG-1

JG-1 Well-Known Member

Non rooted. Gmail. Using the regular email app not the gmail app.

4. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Android Expert

Check your Gmail settings from a computer. Either the generic email application is not working correctly with Gmail or maybe there is some setting that is effecting the deletion process?

Beyond that, maybe a sync issue of some sort is happening.

PattiCakeUS likes this.
  5. marctronixx

jg-1,

has this issue happened from day one from activating the phone or did you do something recently (delete an app, add an app) that may be effecting your e-mail?

does this happen on wifi AND cellular?

why not try the gmail app and test if it will update properly?

could be a network issue and it does not sound like its the phones fault.. :)

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

I have repeatedly seen this issue on multiple phones when using the stock email app.

Some have a setting (which needs to be set to "push" if it is there)

Others just do not work right. Unfortunately I use the gmail app for my gmail and the stock mail for work email so I can't say for sure that the setting is there but it is definitely something to check

7. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert

I've been using the stock email app and have had no problem. Just make sure that the setting in the gmail account and app, are off and not set to sync. this could be cause a problem.

marctronixx likes this.
  8. JG-1

JG-1 Well-Known Member

I switched to the gmail app and now I'm able to delete without having the email repopulate upon a refresh.

marctronixx likes this.
  9. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Newbie

I have 4 POP emails set up on my phone. Just started having the same problem today with just one of the emails.

HTC EVO 4G LTE Forum

The HTC EVO 4G LTE release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2000mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews