• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help E-Mail Syncing and "Refresh on Open" Issues + Problems

Hi all,

Just picked up a Note 2 (in the UK), come over from a HTC Desire HD.

Everything seems to be running fine, etc but having a few issues with the e-mail application (e-mail, not gmail).

I have 5 e-mail accounts, (business + personal), so far I have tried adding one, and I am having issues with the refreshing/receiving e-mails.

Now maybe its just me being an idiot, but as mentioned came from the Desire HD so things are different.

Here it goes:

1. Do I have to have "SYNC" permantely on? on the HTC I had it off, as it would sync other stuff (weather, etc) that I didnt want it to as well. Even with the SYNC off I could still manually "refresh" my e-mail accounts to pull in e-mails, however on the Note - it seems it wont let me do this unless "SYNC" is on?
2. I get the SYNC Schedule, this is pretty much the same as the HTC.
3. When SYNC is on, it automatically refreshes my inbox everytime I open the e-mail application - now on the HTC there was a checkbox to turn this off/on, however I cannot find anything on the Note to disable this?? As often spend alot of time going back to old e-mails, grabbing attachments, info, etc and do not want to refresh the inbox everytime!
4. If I do have to the SYNC permantely on, I presume there are ways of disabling the syncing for everything else - and just letting it sync the e-mail?

Help would be much appreciated, I'm lost without my e-mail accounts but I know that syncing can use alot of data, and the constant refreshing when opening bugs me to no end!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones