1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support e-mail trouble

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ehrlich, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Ehrlich

Ehrlich Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    I have 2 e-mail accounts a gmail and a microsoft exchange ___@__.com. The gmail account works fine(sending & receiving). The microsoft (work) account receives e-mail and syncs with my lap-top perfectly however the phone will not let me send new or reply to existing e-mails. I have re-booted the phone back to factory settings and gone through downloading it with T-mobile staff with no success. Has anyone had this problem and have a solution?
    Thank you

Advertisement

2. Talderon

Talderon Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2010
    Microsoft Corp. - Sr. Systems Engineer
    Seattle, WA
    I have never had this issue, and for one reason.

TouchDown by Nitrodesk.

The reason I hate to use the stock email app is that it locks down your entire phone. last time i used it, you could not set peak/off peak times.

TouchDown enforces corporate security on the app, but does not pass it to the phone itself. it has every feature of ActiveSync and more. VERY customizable and easy to use and comes with a TON of widgets.I have been an avid user since they first released it and I had my G1. I would never consider using the stock again. Once you buy the license, it's your forever.

Might want to give it a go, you can download it free, fully functional (except ability to change the signature) for 30 days, you like it, buy the license off the market and you are ready to go. You can even backup your settings to SD Card and if you ever wipe, restore the setting and you are up and running in a couple mins.

3. rgalverson

rgalverson Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    I have recently got a MyTouch 4G also. My home email is served by outlook.com and they support exchange (as well as IMAP and POP). I set up exchange on the phone and had similar problems. Mail that I attempted to send just disappeared without any complaint. I also found that attachments would not load.

In addition, I found that contacts would no longer sync if I added or updated the photo attached to the contact.

Curiously, the first time I tried Touchdown and it could not even set up my account. Maybe operator error, but I had to do manual setup for the native exchange account and managed that. I tired it again and it worked, but it still kills me to pay $20 for exchange access when it was supposed to be built in to the phone.

4. kas360

kas360 Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2013
    I am having a heck of time getting my yahoo mail set up on my phone. I know this shouldn't be rocket science. Says the network configurations aren't right. I tried calling T-Mobile, that was a waste of time.