• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

prj

Android Enthusiast
May 26, 2010
I use a pop 3 e-mail account on my eris right now. I have it set to check for e-mail every 10 minutes. Ever since I upgraded to 2.1 it doesn't check every 10 minutes like it used with 1.5

Is this some sort of glitch? Is there a fix?

I have two different accounts setup. One for my corporate email and one for my personal Charter account. About a week ago the Charter account stopped working altogether. Nothing that I did including deleting and rebuilding the login for this account worked. Nothing. This past Friday the corporate account stopped working and was reporting socket errors. Keep in mind that I could access the same account through a web portal and that the setup on the Eris is pointing at the same portal.

I found issues similar to the problem with my Charter account on an Incredible forum and ended mixing a combination of what was being said in the forum and what Charter says. Which is to say that the incoming and outbound addresses no longer match. But it started working again. After suffering through most of the weekend without phone access to my corp account (thank God I wasn't on call) and with me verifying setup every hour or so? It started working again also.

So to sum up: yes it appears as though there are some email issues on 2.1. Annoying as hell ones at that.

Upvote 0
Have any of you tried a factory reset since the 2.1 update? It seems a lot of people, myself included, have noticed better phone performance since doing one.

I did a factory reset and have not noticed any difference in the performance of the phone same issues as before the reset. Updated the PRL and received the 50% without signal bug when I didn't have it before. Phone seemed fine on 1.5, cruddy battery life on 2.1 (hence the factory reset)....now it just stinks! Lower signal strength, lower battery life, 50% without signal bug, texting issues, FB pictures slow to come up if at all, etc.... Seems everytime I try to make things better they get worse!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones