1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

E4GT vs Motorola photon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by apkbuccsfan, Aug 23, 2012.

1. apkbuccsfan

apkbuccsfan Newbie

My wife and I both had the E4GT but her's got stolen two days ago. I was thinking of
    getting the photon originally but they were out of stock. I am going to replace her phone
    but was wondering if i should give her my E4GT and buy a photon or just keep mine and
    get her something else. She doesn't really care either way. I'm trying to compare the
    following (in no particular order) before i make my decision.
    Battery life
    Screen clarity (size doesn't matter here)
    signal strength
    speed of proccessor (1.0 vs 1.2 Ghz)
    I don't care about launchers because i use golauncher ex. I don't really play any games
    on it. maybe movies though.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lambertoid

Lambertoid Member

the only thing is the mopho wont get any ics update if im not mistaken plus any updates for that matter they have the new photon q coming out but it has a slide key board...im waiting for a great moto phone to up grade but till then i have the e4gt

3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Either way neither is a bad choice. The Photon is an awesome phone. I'd still have mine if I hadn't given it away. Battery life was (IMO) on par with her stolen phone if not a bit better. Signal strength was much better on the Photon. As far as GoLauncher, it works well on the Photon.

4. timmertc

timmertc Member

Getting the ICS update isn't a reason to stay with E4GT, as battery life has substantially decreased after the update. My wife has the Photon (I have the E4GT), and she is very happy with it. The Photon is a bit smaller and thicker, but it's been a great phone for the wife. If you're not willing to wait for newer/better to come along, the Photon is a good choice.

Update: Another thread gives instructions for getting the latest FH13 update for E4GT. Just updated today - we'll see how it affects battery life.
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-ep...w-fh13-update-anyone-get-yet.html#post4888831

5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

I've been on ICS with my E4GT long before it officially became official and not once have I had any battery issues.

6. timmertc

timmertc Member

Well, after one day, I can say that I definitely have better battery life. Prior to today, if I had less than 40% battery when I went to bed, it would be dead by morning.

I went to bed with about 40% battery last night (after updating to FH13), and have 31% left this morning. It's definitely going into deep sleep better.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews