• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

E7 Wi-Fi not working after clean flash

I am new to the thread and not sure if the topic relates to carrier.

I did a clean wipe of data/davlik/cache, and flash stock ROM in Galaxy E7 with ROM E700HXXBPH2, and when the mobile booted, the wifi did not turn on no matter what I tried.

I tried to clean the system and flash again, tried custom ROM for E7, tried another stock ROM and nothing seems to be working.

I need suggestion on what new things I could try.

Can you provide a link to the site where you downloaded the ROM you used? There is a remote chance it's just the ROM that's the problem. Not likely, but sammobile and updato are two reliable sources for verified, Samsung stock ROMs:
sammobile
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-e7/SM-E700H/
updato
http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?q=Galaxy+e7&exact=1

... and from a different perspective, could it be the WiFi network itself? Is the problem your E7 no longer can even detect any WiFi networks or is it a problem where it just isn't connecting properly to your home WiFi?

Upvote 0
Ahh, OK ruling out the ROM or your WiFi network as possible issues, it's odd that it does sound like something is just preventing your phone's WiFi to even be enabled.
Have you tried booting up into Recovery mode again and wiping the system cache partition? Also, if you go into your Settings >> Wi-Fi and access the 'Advanced' menu, try playing around some of the options there to see if that might allow the WiFi module to turn on again.

Were you having any issues with your phone's WiFi before you re-flashed the ROM?

Upvote 0
there were no problems before I flashed the phone. As I wanted to unroot the phone, I wiped, dalvik cache, data and system after nandroid backup. Then i flashed the phone from Odin. After the phone booted to take information, the wifi just wouldn't turn on.

I looked it up on hte internet and there were suggestions that said to wipe cache, dalvik, system. Basically a clean wipe, which I did. But to no avail, it doesn't seem to work, which had me wondering if its a hardware problem.

Upvote 0
As you've tried different ROMs a hardware issue does sound viable, but the fact that its WiFi was working fine before flashing tends to counter that theory. Possible but something of a big coincidence.
This is a real long shot but try enabling 'Airplane mode' and then try to turn on WiFi again. Something about you're able to see the WiFi icon start to light up before it goes dark again is very puzzling.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones