1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ear speaker buzz/distortion?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lschmidt, Jul 14, 2011.

1. lschmidt

lschmidt Lurker

I'm noticing a small problem with incoming call quality on my Droid Charge. During phone calls, my incoming audio (the other person's voice) is accompanied by a slight buzz/hum/distortion noise. I'm not sure how else to explain it. It is only present with certain combinations of the other person's voice loudness and frequency. It happens every call, but for example when I talk to a male, the lower frequencies create more distortion than when I talk to females.

I'm quite sure that it has nothing to do with reception or carrier signal quality, but this is something related to the hardware (in this case the ear speaker).

I had somebody at the local verizon store listen to it, but she couldn't hear anything. I have very sensitive ears and am somewhat of an audiophile, so this noise makes me want to throw the phone against a wall when I hear it.

My previous phone was a cheap-o freebie phone from verizon (also Samsung), and the speaker quality was phenomenal. When I switched the to charge there was clearly a decrease in quality.

I have a replacement phone arriving tomorrow, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem or heard of anyone experiencing this.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. lschmidt

lschmidt Lurker

Well I'm happy to report that the replacement phone does not have the distortion/buzz problem in the ear speaker. It sounds great now. I looked all over the internet for somebody else that had this problem with the Charge (seems to be a common problem with HTC though)...and I am apparently the first. So if anyone else runs into this, get a replacement.

3. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

My phone has a similar issue, where the top right corner of it will make a "springy" noise (I can't describe it any other way) when tapped on, even lightly. And the ear speaker seems to suffer from this if a bassy noise comes over it, thus vibrating the phone.

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews