1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Ear speaker stopped working after 2.2. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jserge, Aug 17, 2010.

1. jserge

jserge New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Hi,

Got some weird problem:

The ear speaker in my Evo stopped working, presumably after 2.2 upgrade. I cannot hear anything during phone call or when I listen to voice mail. When I turn on speaker or insert headphones - I hear fine.

I got this problem with one Evo and thought it was a hardware problem. Sprint exchanged it. Got the new Evo, upgraded to 2.2 and now the same issue. I did checked the ear speaker before upgrade and it was working.

Hard reset did not help. I checked all the settings I could.

I found on another forum that someone had similar issue.

Anyone else? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Clinternet

Clinternet New Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Austin, TX
    My earpiece speaker stopped working a couple of days ago. I'm not sure when I updated to 2.2, but it was a while ago. Speakerphone works and the headset jack works. Before it went out for good, it worked for some of the call and then turned off, I hit speakerphone and the caller said they heard me the whole time.

I am hoping there is some magic fix to find, but it looks like I will have to reboot the phone and see if that works or exchange it. Either way, I'll have to start all over again personalizing the phone. :(

3. LLinMD

LLinMD Member

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm also at 2.2. Updated maybe a month ago.
    A couple of days ago I experienced what some of you have described. Suddenly I couldn't hear a thing on the phone via the earpiece. Dead. The speaker worked and the person I was talking to heard me. I opened the phone and removed the battery. Waited a minute or so and then put it back in. Everything was back to normal.
    As an aside - I also downloaded Swype and I love using it. Very intuitive and fast. It has inexplicably stopped working. The battery in/out also brought that back.
    Maybe the Incredible can only take too much of a good thing before you have to shock it. :D

Gadgetwizards likes this.
Tags: