• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help earbuds with a mic?

HBLush

Jun 23, 2011
I have the Klipshch S4i earbuds that are excellent with my iphone, but now that I got smart and moved away to the droid charge they don't work! I mean, you can listen to music, but forget about volume control, answering a call, hanging up on a call, or even switching to the next song. Is it to much to ask for? Does anyone know of any earbuds that work on the droid charge with those features(sound quality also)?

The Jaw Breaker earbuds by Wicked Audio that Verizon sells to go along with the DC have a mic and answer switch. Also the bass is strong enough to rattle your brain.

Update: I found the answer switch will start and stop playback and long press advances to the next song. I don't know if it is only because of using them with PowerAmp or not though.

Update 2: Soon after I posted this I remembered that I did set Power Amp to use the switch this way. Forgive me, I'm old and have a bad case of CRS.

Upvote 0
I have the Klipsch headphones with mic also and I have had the same issue. I just found the solution and it seems to work:

1. Download headset button controller from the app store. This will help with the middle button becoming the controller for play, pause, back, forward, etc.

2. When plugging in your headphones hold down the middle button as you are plugging them in. I just tried it and the mic works fine. Hopefully it was not a fluke, but the mic wouldn't work at all otherwise.

Post back if you encounter the same success to verify this is a real fix.

Upvote 0
Can anyone get any app to work with volum controls? The app does add functionality to the main center button, but does not reckognize the other to buttons.

Also...can anyone get the mic to work with the droid charge?

The headset app will only make the center button more functional. The outer buttons are not compatible with this version of Android.

As I stated in my previous post my mic is working by pressing and holding the center button of the headset while inserting the headset jack into the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones