1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Earbuds with microphone recommendation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by schnelle34, Dec 19, 2011.

1. schnelle34

schnelle34 Newbie

While I wait for my phone from amazon wireless I'm researching ear buds that have a microphone. Can anyone recommend a good pair? How about Beats, is their Control Talk compatible with the Galaxy Nexus?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast

You might want to hold off on that. My phone came with a pair of ear buds with a microphone. I haven't used them yet, but you could save yourself some money if they are good.

3. Jonathan SCE

Jonathan SCE Member

I use an phone mic that is just the mic part and you can plug in any 3.5 mm headphone into it. I bought it from Radio Shack for $10. I use it more as a control for my iPod than my phone.

4. Vaetix

Vaetix Well-Known Member

I'd suggest these: Set Your Location

You can research reviews on your own, but I have the non-Android version (no in-line controls). I love them. Definitely worth the money.

5. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

The stock headphones are garbage. The sound is mid heavy and they lack definition.

That said... Beats are over price marketing hype. They are better than a lot of headphones, but for that price you have a LOT of options.

metlcat likes this.
  6. badandy0014

badandy0014 Newbie

Klipsch Image S4A are made for android phones. I don't have that exact model, but I have the S4's without the controls and the sound is pretty damn incredible. I've had them for a little over 2 years now. The S4A's are around $100 but I'd say worth it if you want good sound and phone functionality.

7. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert

I have jlab j4 ear buds then I got a resound with the I beats and I'd say my jlabs were superior in every way . They were also only $35 on amazon a few months ago . I'm using them on my nexus now and with volume+ and some audio tweaks including the beats emulator setting I think the nexus has better audio quality then the Rezound I had .
    But I highly reccomend jlabs I also have a set of jlab j3 and they are an amazing value for under $15 on Amazon

8. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast

Thanks. I hadn't tried them because I can never get ear buds to stay in my ears. I have to use the ones that hook over the ear to hold them in place.

9. schnelle34

schnelle34 Newbie

Thanks all.

10. DSG04lightning

DSG04lightning Well-Known Member

I picked up a pair for Vmoda headphones with in line control pause. from Costco for $28. Not as good as my shures but decent quality

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews