• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Early Battery Life Reports

Vihzel

Destroying Balls Everyday
Apr 8, 2010
Manhattan, NY
It seems as though we wont have to worry too much about the Droid X's battery life. Many sources are reporting that it has the stated battery life from Motorola and are very impressed, especially considering it has a 4.3" screen. Seems like Motorola knows what it's doing compared to HTC in that department. I can't wait to see what the battery life is like with the extended battery coming out in August that will add ONLY 1mm of thickness to an already extremely thin phone. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4vAIsWH_V8&feature=player_embedded

Phone Scoop: "I don't have quite enough data to share at this point. What I can say is that I received the phone with an 80% charge at 2PM. After heavy use, the Droid X still had 50% at 11PM. That's not bad at all, though I hadn't synced email. Today, I left the house at 5AM with a full charge. After 9 hours of email, Twitter, etc., it still has 70% charge."

No 4g radio which is a huuuuge battery drain, a processor on the 45nm process so it uses less power.

It better have a better battery life ;)

Even EVO owners with no 4G service are having major battery problems. It is a big issue on the Incredible and on the EVO. Definitely, not a minor problem. This is an area where Motorola really trumps HTC.

Upvote 0
I like how it locked up. Saw something similar happen on another video. Hopefully that isn't final software release their on! Haha

lol I hope not either, but that can be easily fixed with a firmware update. Good thing it's not a hardware problem. It happens sometimes on my Incredible also. I don't understand why... but it'll lag for like 10 seconds and then all of a sudden do everything at once.

Upvote 0
It seems as though we wont have to worry too much about the Droid X's battery life. Many sources are reporting that it has the stated battery life from Motorola and are very impressed, especially considering it has a 4.3" screen. Seems like Motorola knows what it's doing compared to HTC in that department. I can't wait to see what the battery life is like with the extended battery coming out in August that will add ONLY 1mm of thickness to an already extremely thin phone. :D

YouTube - Motorola DROID X Video Overview

Phone Scoop: "I don't have quite enough data to share at this point. What I can say is that I received the phone with an 80% charge at 2PM. After heavy use, the Droid X still had 50% at 11PM. That's not bad at all, though I hadn't synced email. Today, I left the house at 5AM with a full charge. After 9 hours of email, Twitter, etc., it still has 70% charge."

I find it hilarious that he says it lasted like all day and overnight and still has half battery left, but when you look at the battery usage screen, toward the beginning of the video, it says its only been unplugged for 2ish hours... HES A LIAR!

Upvote 0
Even EVO owners with no 4G service are having major battery problems. It is a big issue on the Incredible and on the EVO. Definitely, not a minor problem. This is an area where Motorola really trumps HTC.

Speak for yourself, I get 24+hours of battery easy. Thats with about 6+ hours of heavy use awake time and the rest sleep time. Its not a battery hog unless you want it to be and run 4g,3g, wifi, gps and bluetooth with everything syncing all the time. I only run things when i need them and sync the things i want. I bet a smart user could push out 30+hrs on the X easy.

Upvote 0
Speak for yourself, I get 24+hours of battery easy. Thats with about 6+ hours of heavy use awake time and the rest sleep time. Its not a battery hog unless you want it to be and run 4g,3g, wifi, gps and bluetooth with everything syncing all the time. I only run things when i need them and sync the things i want. I bet a smart user could push out 30+hrs on the X easy.

I'm just speaking for all of those people in the EVO forum complaining about battery life. That's all. If it really wasn't an issue, as it was also with the HTC Incredible, then I wouldn't even mention it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones