• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Early upgrade/1yr contract

zim2704

Nov 5, 2009
I am eligable for an early upgrade and didnt know if i would be able to sign up for a 1yr commitment instead of 2yrs. My currnt contract ends the end of november 2011 but they've emailed me stating i could upgrade early, thing is i only want a 1yr commitment and not a 2yr. Do they allow early upgrades for only an additional 1yr agreement or do they require the 2yr.....thanks

I am eligable for an early upgrade and didnt know if i would be able to sign up for a 1yr commitment instead of 2yrs. My currnt contract ends the end of november 2011 but they've emailed me stating i could upgrade early, thing is i only want a 1yr commitment and not a 2yr. Do they allow early upgrades for only an additional 1yr agreement or do they require the 2yr.....thanks

I think the promotion you are being offered would require two year. But, it doesn't hurt to call and ask :)

Upvote 0
Definitely call. According to this thread...

http://androidforums.com/verizon/269772-best-buy-vs-verizon-store.html

two people have said they were offered the option of a 1 year contract on their annual upgrade.

It would be nice to sticky this for better visibility, and to motivate folks to call in and ask about this. Annual upgrades always used to require a 2 year extension, but with annual upgrade going away, this is a deal for folks like myself who would probably need to ride out a full two years to switch to an annual contract. If I can score this deal, I don't have to wait until Dec.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones