• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Earphones & Music Player - WTF

MattNumber3

Lurker
Apr 16, 2016
Okay so I just upgraded from my annoyingly mediocre htc one mini and got me a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and I love it and after looking at the young poser guys at work's iPhones, all they could do to tell me theirs was better telling me it was an iPhone haha!!!

BUT the one thing that I am totally baffled about and is my ONLY gripe with this phone is something so stupid that I would like to meet the geeks in glasses that come up with this crap and not punch them as that is what you do to a proper man, but slap them.

Why OH WHY do we get earphones and music player that Yes have the Play\Pause button, but then have another 2 buttons for volume????
There is an option in the music player that levels the volume for all songs so no need to change the volume for that reason. Also if you need to listen to something else like someone (till\checkout cute girl so you actually take notice) is talking to you, so you hit the Play\Pause button.
WHY did the player\headphones NOT have the 2 buttons and function to skip or go back the music tracks????
Seriously I think you are 10 times more likely to want to go <<< or >>> between tracks than adjust the volume slightly.

My old htc actually did track skipping and I listen to music on my phone all day because of the job I do and this is something that I do not understand the logic behind the change.

So I am asking the community if there is anyone who knows of some earphones and\or an app that makes the other 2 buttons be
<<< Track
>>> Track

And if any of you geeks who design this stuff here is a little bit of advice......... Go out there in the Real World and find out what people actually really want you social *******.

Last edited:
Is this what you're looking for on headphones, i.e. <<, >> track skip controls.
hs.jpg

This is a pair of fairly inexpensive headphones I bought locally, and all the controls do work, track skip, as well as volume up/down and play/pause.
http://www.askalab.com/headphones_AC-300.html
Stock headsets I never use, because they usually suck anyway, still got two pairs of Samsung ones still sealed in the bags here, that came with phones...LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Yes but are there any earphones that can change tracks? Or an app that can I configure to change tracks?

It is crazy that an old htc one mini which is a rubbish cheap company marketing pos that managed to have control over the music in comparison.

This is not a debate - I just want to know of some Earphones and\or Apps that will allow me to go back and forth between tracks. Please any actual knowledge and help on this matter is very very much appreciated

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really do not think Mikestoney knows what I am getting at!!!! And if it is a case his name is Mike and he has coupled it with stoney I am guessing he does not grasp the simple point I am trying to make here.
Yes - There are fancy headphones out there
Yes - There are pointless apps that I have found so far like Jays that do not change anything
No - I am not talking about big daft looking headphones that make me look like I need a special sticker also stuck to my top saying "Ewwo Ma Nem s Dum**** whoooo has Edfones . EEEEEEEE :-D "

I want to know if there are some earphones or an app so that I can simply click ONCE none of this BS double or triple clicking Malarkey, where I have control over the music tracks???

My crappy htc one mini actually can do it so I fail to see why a more advanced phone cannot!!!!!??

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
The headset has nothing to do with how advanced the phone is. Basically Samsung just straight up decided that they'd not include those kinds on controls in the headset provided, mainly because they also sell headphones with track control. I think it was the Samsung Level U with those controls, which they will try to sell you should you go into a Samsung Store and ask about that feature.

Also, there is nothing preventing you from plugging in your old HTC headphones with track controls into the Samsung phone.

I fail to see why this has gotten you so upset. So they didn't give you a headset with track controls. Go buy one. Or use one that you already own.

I also fail to see why a double or triple click would be a problem.

EDIT: My bad. It appears the standard controls for Samsung's Level Headsets also use the double and triple click which you so hate for no reason I can see whatsoever, which also appears to be the case for most headsets designed nowadays as far as I can see. And yes, even the newer HTCs appear to have joined the double and triple click bandwagon. Mainly I think so headset manufacturers can cater to both iPhone and Android devices. iPhone and Samsung started this double triple click thing. They are the best sellers, so headset manufacturers went with them.

EDIT2: I forgot to add, the stock Samsung headset controls should already work with the double and triple click out of the box.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones