• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help earpiece gsm buzzing

im not sure if this is a common issue amongst this phone but could only find one other post about this on tmobiles forums and it received no answer. hopefully i will have other results. anyways..

when i make a phone call the inner earpiece seems to receive gsm buzzing. not everywhere, but many places. the oddest thing is, while on the phone call and i slowly slide the phone open, it removes any of the buzzing, but i shouldnt have to make phone calls with the keyboard on display. how awkward would that be! anyways, if you are unfamiliar with this noise, it is the feedback you hear when you put your phone next to speakers or something along that line. sometimes its clear as a bell, other times i actually have to hang up and call back from the outdoors.

just so you know my situation, im on the newest firmware, on EDGE, not located near a 3g signal. so perhaps edge has something to do with it. either way, its super annoying.

thanks so much for reading and hope to hear from others with a fix!

-dave

Hey, I had a familiar issue with mine although I did not associate it with GSM buzzing. I thought it was just a blown earpiece or something. Point is it never went away and was the most annoying thing I had ever experienced. Sometimes I would put it on speaker phone just so I could talk to people...Long story short I called TMO tech support and a week later had a brand new one "sitting on my front porch" although they do charge you for shipping! LAME!

Anyway try giving TMO a call and Im sure they will send you a new one. :D

Upvote 0
Had the EXACT same issue with one of my G1s. Luckily I ended up doing a warranty exchange on it for another issue, and the new handset doesn't have the same problem.

I'm on my 4th G1 and the one prior to my current one is the only G1 that did the GSM buzzing in the earpiece. I'd call T-Mobile, explain what's going on and ask if they can exchange it for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones