• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

slide0705

Lurker
Jul 5, 2010
I got my new slide about a week and a half ago, and I'm having an issue (and I'm not even sure to call it an issue) with my phone's earpiece. When I am on calls I notice a slight hiss/white noise/background noise type in the earpiece.

If the phone is in my right ear and I move my ear toward the right of the earpiece, the sound goes away, move it back to the left, it's there again. If the phone is in my left ear I can hear no matter if move the earpiece to the left or the right. (it coming more from the side were the led indicator is)

Do I have a defective device, or is this normal? My calls are clear; no distortion or static, just that noise. And the noise doesn't drown out the conversation.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones